Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbook Day....

Happy National Scrapbook Day Everyone!
Good Morning and Happy Saturday... I am out enjoying my Saturday..It is sunny and there is a slight breeze.  The perfect weather.  I love my weekends, the best part is that my hubby is home the entire day.  Yeah for weekends..

So you might be wondering how I created that colored polka dot look, well the lovely Virginia Lu started using alcohol inks by Ranger.  I was so impressed with the look I rushed right over to Michaels and got me some.  Well HERE is a sample of Virginia Lu use of alcohol inks and this is mine.  Now what did I do wrong because mine is clearly not as pretty as Virginia's.  I had told her how she inspired me but was not sure that i understood how they worked.  I even You-Tubed it.  I think you have to use a very glossy paper and I did not here.  So needless to say...I do experiment and it does not always turn out.  It still looks cool but it is suppose to look cooler.. hehe

Recipe:  Tiddly Inks Joy Ride, Copic Sketch Markers, Ranger Alcohol inks and blending solution, Recollection washi tape, Neenah white card-stock, Stampendous sentiment, Martha Stewart button and May Art Burlap string.

Then.... I seen this awesome digital stamp on Melissa's blog and knew I just had to have it.  This image is from Tiddly Inks and is called Joy Ride.  This is the first image I have purchased from Tiddly Inks and let me tell you it will not be my last.  They have the cutest images and it just happened to look great with my little Alcohol Ink experiment.  Funny how that works.  Now I am totally loving it.  I hope that you will too.  I am entering this card into my first Tiddly Inks Challenge ...A Million Ways to Say Thank You.  

Well thanks for stopping by today.
I wish you a wonderful Saturday.

33 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! LOVE the polka dot/swish background and an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so love that polka dotted Bg you have created with the inks...i think your experiment is a hit it goes so well with the image...and the results are way cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is to cute! Love the coloring with the inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it might not be the look you were going for but I think it looks AWESOME! Love the vibrant colors of the alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your experiment! Even if it didn't come out the way you wanted, still looks cool!;)

    You're in big trouble now, once you have bought a Wryn, you will want them all!

    Super cute card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love your colours, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve it, cute fun card....love the colours you used on your images and on the bg....
    I'm back from my vacay and moving like a turtle trying to play catch up.... I'm a bit under the weather with a bad nasty cold....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is simply darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annette! Very cute little card. You're always coming up with something clever and cute. Thanks for sharing!
    May I ask a favor - if you get a chance. Please stop by and say hello to my friend, Dawn on her blog. (simpleDawn53.blogspot.com)She is feeling a bit lonely over there and not getting comments, etc. I know it would mean a lot to her, and we've all been there. Thanks so much, and hope you're having a great weekend with your hubby.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun Annette! Love these colours and the bg is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how your experiment turned out! I don't have any AI but I do recall reading you're 'supposed' to use glossy paper. Doesn't mean you can't use others, as you made a great bg here :) And how cute is that Tiddly Inks gal?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card and I think that sweet little lady looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. he he he he!! too cute annette!! I love the swishy rainbow!!!
    thank you for popping in and playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a fun effect even if you didn't use glossy paper. Love the swish of colour and cute digi :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card, I love all the things you can do with the alcohol inks. I have watched videos too, buy never made anything. I need to try it out with the supplies I have. So many fun things to do huh! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo cute, Annette...the image is absolutely adorable and I love your background technique...looks perfect to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable! Fantastic inking. Great job! :)

    Thanks for playing with us at {TIDDLY INKS}!

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so happy! I didn't know how you made that background but I think it looks really cool and I want to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how you can trasform a simply card in something of magic! wow for the coloured pattern and the car is so funny.
    have a wonderfull week Anne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very cute card Annette! even if it didn't work quite the way you wanted - the dots are fun! and yes, you do need to use glossy paper with the alcohol inks - then they just glide over the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need a car like that...LOL Hope you had a happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is gorgeous Annette! I love the background you have created!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't care what you say, you did that card right. I love the polka dot swish and the cute car image. We would all be better crafters if we experimented more and made more 'mistakes'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is totally awesome!! Love the polka dot that you designed, love the background so much!! Love the image so much too!! Love all those heart shape in your image. The overall design is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a bright and fun card! Love the polkadots!!!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooo, I like this one, so FUNNY...

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  27. love, love, love how your polka dots turned out! i certainly was wondering how you did it. :) super darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh cute!!
    Sorry I've missed this one

    You did a good job with the alcohol ink! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a great look, Annette! I think you did a fantastic job and made it YOU! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this card...tooo cute!!! Is that an R8?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely Comments..
Happy Crafting